A Medicare Annual Wellness Visit is a yearly thorough wellness evaluation that delivers preventative services covered by Medicare. Most of these services are covered by Medicare 100%! A Medicare wellness screening offers testing to provide early detection of certain diseases and provide resources for any issues that arise with aging. In office testing may be performed, if indicated, at the same time of visit.
Medicare Wellness Visit May Include
- Physical exam
- Smoking cessation program
- Influenza, Pneumonia and other recommended vaccine administration
- Referrals for colonoscopy, mammography, dexascan, and other tests
- Laboratory testing and colon cancer screening
- Depression screenings
- Diabetic screening for early detection
- During your Wellness Visit you may address problem focused issues with your provider just like a normal office visit, where a copay or coinsurance applies.